The camp targets youths between ages 14 – 18 years who are enthusiastic and keen to learn about the environment, climate change and sustainable development. It was facilitated by an award-winning environmental advocate who has been trained by the Climate Reality Leadership Corps, an initiative by the 45th former US Vice President Al Gore.
Participants undertook various activities to gain a better understanding concerning the importance of addressing climate change issues, learnt more about environmental situations in Brunei, and appreciate the value of our natural resources, while at the same time enjoying the serenity of Temburong and getting active through various jungle and water activities!
Climate Camp was held in 2016, at Sumbiling Eco Village, Temburong. Each session hosted a minimum of 20 people and had up to 40 participants.
Registration fee was $350 per person. It included a boat trip between Bandar Seri Begawan and Bangar, transportation in Temburong, meals, activities, trips, materials and a certificate at the end of the programme.
Workshops on Climate Change, learning about nature, a trip to the Canopy Walkway, water activities, jungle trekking, leadership and teambuilding exercises, and more!
- Educational – we covered both theoretical and practical aspects of environmental knowledge, with a focus on climate change issues
- Capacity building – experienced life in the rainforest. Challenge yourself to go out of your comfort zone. Leadership and teambuilding activities will help test your skills and abilities!
- Learn more about Brunei! – experience first-hand the green heart of Borneo as we take you through jungle paths and river routes.
- Fun activities – learning through fun! Trekking, swimming, tubing, foraging vegetables, visiting a waterfall and the Canopy Walkway, and night trekking – are some of the activities that you can expect to participate in (subject to weather).
- Green Brunei
- Local Guides from Sumbiling Eco Village
Safety, Food, Amenities and Lodging Concerns
Participants were guaranteed to have 24 hours security rotation by staff, both trained male and female qualified first aid staff during the entire course of the event. First aid is accessible at all times. Life vests are mandatory and must be worn for river activities.
Halal meals will be prepared duly by Muslim staff. All costs for food are included in the price of the package.
Prayer room is available for Muslim participants.
BorneoGuide is an accredited travel agency in Brunei that has had years of experience providing the safest and most enjoyable experiences for youth development programs, international school camps, exchange student groups from the region, and team-building groups from various corporates and Bruneian students.
BorneoGuide also has favourable reviews from visiting eco-tourists from popular travel websites such as Lonely Planet and Trip Advisor.
For More Info
E-mail: info [at] green-brunei.comS